Sunday, November 6, 2011

Strange Dream

I have had so many dreams never make it to the conscious world.  But for some reason, this one stuck with me so I had to just write it down somewhere.  Hopefully you will be somewhat entertained.

Most of the dream takes place in the restroom of a huge football stadium.  It is coed, and there is an extremely huge line.  It is mixed between males and females because it isn't the same as when girls flock together to a bathroom.  It is a waiting area so you can catch up with your friends and family before going back to your section.  However, your section is based on your career path, and the doors to that section are actually portals to different parts of the world depending on what you are doing with your life.  So essentially, every time you enter the long bathroom line, you have accomplished a new goal that you were trying to achieve and receive a "break" to see others.

Now I definitely knew everyone in my dream, but some people were doing entirely different things with their lives (i.e. a teacher was a zoologist, etc.).  So that was kind of amusing.  Some people were doing their actual career.  I can't remember what everyone in my dream was doing, but we were all making small talk and encouraging each other when we met in the bathroom and before we went on our next adventure.

The last memories consisted of people rapidly cycling through so there was no wait in line anymore, and it was chaotic.  Randomly, my hairbrush was there, and I didn't want to carry it with me anymore.  I was planning to write my name on the back so no one else would touch it, but debating if I wanted to label it because it would look funny.  Then I woke up.  Why was that happening?  Not a clue.

So now I'm wondering what influenced this dream... a) I must be obsessed with football, b) the bathroom is a good place to relax?  c) I'm still trying to figure out what to do with my life, and probably - d) as people get older, life becomes a total whirlwind, a place where it gets more and more difficult to just take a step back and breathe.

I'm feeling like that right about now.  When things seem to feel more optimistic and I can catch a break, something else comes up to remind me that I still have a lot of "figuring life out" to do.  I know that I shouldn't be spending my life looking forward to the future, but it is hard since the present has had it's hardships.

Maybe I'll just spend more time in the bathroom...

No comments:

Post a Comment