Sunday, June 26, 2011

What gets me up in the morning

If you were to ask me this before summer started, it would have been my cats.  They like to wake me up when it is breakfast time, or if they see me open my eyes.  They also like to wake me up from my naps so I can give them attention.

But now, I wake up way earlier for my ASL class I take four days a week.  It is actually through the University of Washington so it is very convenient.  I go to class from 8:45am to 1pm, Monday through Thursday.  We experience total immersion; the classroom is a no talking zone.  I have already learned so many signs after the first week and am so excited to learn more.

I love the class, I love how we learn, and I really love the group of students that are attending.  They are all there to be able to expand the horizons of communication, and to learn about a new culture.  Everyone is so understanding and excited to be there just as much as I am.  ASL is such a beautiful language, and thank goodness I still have another 8 weeks.  After it is finished, who knows?  Maybe I'll continue the second year courses at UW. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment