Friday, June 17, 2011

A Small Accomplishment

This really isn't a big deal, but I got a poster into WikiSym 2011!  For those of you who don't know what it is here is a link: http://www.wikisym.org/ws2011/

And if you don't want to read the link, it is a conference about websites such as Wikipedia, and cool innovations  to make them more interesting, get others to become contributors instead of readers, etc.  Is there something in Wikipedia where you could see yourself making a contribution, or maybe a subject you want to add?

Papers are the way to go through graduate school (and get a job), but I will submit the paper version of this poster this fall.  The reason that this is so exciting is that it is the first acceptance while in graduate school!  I am happy they accepted my work in progress because they can see the value in my work.  I am so happy today!

No comments:

Post a Comment